Over the years, many of the pull pieces had fallen onto the floor, and the caretaker placed them in a dish in the drawers. I re-assembled all the pieces, and came up with only 1 pull having missing parts. It was missing the wood portion and the brass rod inside it.
I threaded 6-32 onto the end of a new piece of 1/8" brass rod...........then soldered it in place.
When I got the new wood piece all made, I noticed I could have done a better job on the curve........but it would have been difficult to chuck it back in the lathe and change it........so I left it alone. When it was installed on the secretary, you don't even notice the slight difference in curvature :)
This was a challenging project, mostly because of the repair of the brass parts. I don't own a metal lathe, so I had to improvise to make new pieces and solder them together.
If I ever do a similar project, maybe try making a thin plywood profile of the turned piece, and use that to check it on the lather..........instead of just using my eye..........since I got this one a little off on the curve.