I Google searched this, including searching for the image, and all hits led back to 1 unit that was for sale on a web site called Zebrahall.com. This unit is no longer for sale on that web site. So, I don't know who the original designer was.
I have made many improvements to Dug North's marble automaton game, which you can see here.
What is different about this design is that the marble falls down two versus one incline. The cam lifters are also skinnier at about 1 inch wide versus the 2 inch wide design I have been using. The cams are also a smaller diameter.
I took my improved Dug North design, and modified it to match the double-fall design shown above. I entered it into Google Sketchup.
Of course, you don't really know if the design works until you build one
If I get time, I will build one of these.
I put my design into the Sketchup Warehouse for others to use.
I then tried out the marble game. I had all kinds of issues with my original design.
1. The marbles got hung up after the 1st fall. I had to add clearance in the middle
divider to allow the marble to go around the bend. The 18 degree angle on the
top turn-around did not work either. I ended up doing some angle
experiments and determined a 5 degree compound angle works the best.
2. The marbles got hung up after the 2nd fall. I had to add clearance in the same
middle divider as above. I also changed it to a compound 5 degree angle.
3. Because I changed to a compound angle, the triangular piece the marble rides
on for the 2nd fall also had to have its angle changed.
4. The marbles got stuck on the driven wedges. I started with a 3/8" offset on the
cam (distance from center of cam circle to actual driveshaft hole). The lift
is twice the offset distance, so my initial design was a 3/8" offset which gave
a 3/4" lift. I changed to a 1/2" offset which gave a 1" lift.
I ended up breaking the CA glue joints in the center section by applying a chisel on the ends, then sanded off the CA glue. On an experimental project like this, I should have used a little hot melt glue, or just a few spots of CA glue.
Here are two photos of the experimental set-up I used to optimize the design:
I updated the Sketchup file to show all the design mods I made to get this working nicely.
This video shows how well the game operates after all the trial & error work was completed...
You can use this link to watch the video..
Once I got the trial & error development work done, this was a fun project to build, and even more fun to operate
This game should keep the grandkids entertained a little while :)