I had a special request to make some Cardinal night lights. I Googled it and modified some cardinal images to get a design.
Trying to figure out where to attach the stained glass Cardinal to the little brass bracket on the light is a challenge. I finally got out some new little clamps I recently bought, used one of them to hold it in the right spot, while I tack soldered it. Then I built a little fixture for future lights to hold the little brass bracket in the right place, like I did on both the Bluebird and Rooster nightlights.
I checked and I left bare solder on the bluebird and rooster night light I made before. I think I will go ahead and black patina these cardinals.
The 4 small pieces on the head take all the time to make because they are small and I have to grind them. I could try increasing the bird size by 10% and see if that makes these pieces easier to make. My little fixture works great. I borrowed the hinge and clamp piece from my bluebird fixture, so I can easily swap it back and forth.